Mika Väyrynen

> as Frisian isn't a global language yet

Moderators: Beheerders, Fanmasters

Mika Väyrynen

Berichtdoor LEEDS » 13-09-2011 16:56

Hi Heerenveen fans!

My club Leeds United have just signed your ex-midfielder Mika Väyrynen - I was just wondering if he's still any good, what sort of role he plays in the midfield, whether his injuries have hindered his performances and why it was he left Heerenveen? :)
LEEDS
Bankzitter

Re: Mika Väyrynen

Berichtdoor Fanatic 4-ever » 13-09-2011 17:05

LEEDS schreef:Hi Heerenveen fans!

My club Leeds United have just signed your ex-midfielder Mika Väyrynen - I was just wondering if he's still any good, what sort of role he plays in the midfield, whether his injuries have hindered his performances and why it was he left Heerenveen? :)

The reason why he left Heerenveen: money. He became too expensive for us, so they didn't offer him a new contract as his old one ended this summer. He is a good player (for us), but never showed it at the top of dutch leage for example. In my opinion he suits better in the German or Spanish leauge, but i hope he will perform good at Leeds. Mika is a nice, social-minded guy which is willing to make some time for his fans.
Corruption is everywhere, fight it!
Fanatic 4-ever
Superster

Berichtdoor Eric » 13-09-2011 17:05

LEEDS schreef:Hi Heerenveen fans!

Welcome to the forums Leeds. I'm proud to welcome a LUFC fan, also because it is sort of my second club after sc Heerenveen.
Mika Vayrinen is a dinamic, attacking midfielder with a good anticipation and who can score a goal too. His injury proness was indeed a problem at sc Heerenveen and at his whole career, although it had its ups and downs.

The reason why his contract wasn't renewed was, I think, because he was competiting with one of our big talents Filip Djuricic and because his level of play was less then his previous period at sc Heerenveen. He is a player with a big status at sc Heerenveen because of his past performances and he's a to big name to put on the bench.
Also, because of the financial problems at sc Heerenveen he might have been a bit to expensive. I hope that you and Leeds are gonna enjoy him this season and that he will help you to promote to the Premiership! Good luck!
Eric
Superster

Berichtdoor Currahee » 13-09-2011 17:15

@ Leeds.

could you give some kind of update once in a while so we can follow him a bit ? :). We can see the football league show at BBC but ussaly it starts for us at 1.00 hour so its a bit late lol.

I hope he will play good for your guys. He was ussaly the best men in the "big" games (ajax, feyenoord, psv) but when we would play a small team he ussaly wasn't at his best (just my oppinion)
Currahee
Superster

Berichtdoor LEEDS » 13-09-2011 17:26

Thanks for the helpful responses everyone!

A big problem for us last season was our lightweight midfield which failed to protect an already weak defence. So hopefully Mika can help put some tackles in along with our other promising midfielder Adam Clayton. Fanatic, I agree it might be difficult for him to adapt to the English league - and no disrespect but I think the Championship is probably equal or better quality than the Eredivisie these days (as well as being typically physical).

Eric, I didn't know Heerenveen had been having financial problems - hope you come through them OK. As a Leeds fan, of course I know all about it! Our current owner isn't much of a help either - I'm surprised we've managed to pay more than you and Red Bull Salzburg for Väyrynen to be honest with the shocking lack of money we've spent with Ken Bates (one of the most horrible characters in English football if you're not familiar with him) in charge. And of course best of luck to Heerenveen too. :D

Currahee, the Football League Show starts after midnight for us too! :lol: Of course I'll update you on Mika's progress though, and you can watch Leeds playing the scum (also known as Man Utd) in the League Cup on the 20th September at 20:45 Dutch time. Hopefully Mika will feature in that game.
LEEDS
Bankzitter

Berichtdoor Fanatic 4-ever » 13-09-2011 18:12

LEEDS schreef:A big problem for us last season was our lightweight midfield which failed to protect an already weak defence. So hopefully Mika can help put some tackles in along with our other promising midfielder Adam Clayton. Fanatic, I agree it might be difficult for him to adapt to the English league - and no disrespect but I think the Championship is probably equal or better quality than the Eredivisie these days (as well as being typically physical).

I'm afraid you might be disappointed in that case. Mika is more an offensive midfielder than someone who puts more body to your midfield. He will try to find solutions on a technical way. For example: Last year we lost a lot of matches because we also had not enough body on our midfield, when Mika was playing.

I agree with your last point, the championship is indeed probably equal, and Leeds is in all ways a bigger club than Heerenveen. So i'm a bit surprised but nevertheless happy for Mika that he found a new club like Leeds.
Corruption is everywhere, fight it!
Fanatic 4-ever
Superster

Berichtdoor Skopperij » 13-09-2011 18:19

LEEDS schreef:A big problem for us last season was our lightweight midfield which failed to protect an already weak defence. So hopefully Mika can help put some tackles in along with our other promising midfielder Adam Clayton.

Mika has been one of our leading guys through the years. Good to see him joining Leeds rather than Salzburg! In first place, he is a genuine midfielder: technical skills, hard working and great passing. Mika does a decent job for his team but he is not the Dirk Kuyt-type of player that runs and tackles for 90 minutes. You should have signed our former midfielder Grindheim for that. Unfortunately he joined Kopenhagen last summer. :wink:

whether his injuries have hindered his performances and why it was he left Heerenveen?

Mika has had a few bad injuries with his knee, but I guess it is not a structural problem.
Skopperij
Superster

Berichtdoor BANANA MAN » 17-09-2011 22:05

Let's hope for Leeds' sake that he is better than Bruno Alves and Gomes 'The Clown'! :lol:
"Eric is Bananaman, ever alert for the call of duty".
BANANA MAN
Nieuw talent

Berichtdoor Wizard » 11-02-2012 11:41

Any news about Mika???
Wizard
Beheerder

Berichtdoor NOXX » 12-03-2012 17:30

Mika is een tijdje gebleseerd geweest, nu bezig met herstellen. Hopelijk kan die nog wat wedstrijdjes mee pikken. Clayton speelt die er niet uit, Brown moet te doen zijn.
NOXX
Selectiespeler

Berichtdoor chrissie » 14-04-2012 21:10

NOXX schreef:Mika is een tijdje gebleseerd geweest, nu bezig met herstellen. Hopelijk kan die nog wat wedstrijdjes mee pikken. Clayton speelt die er niet uit, Brown moet te doen zijn.

cause this is an English forum: Mika has been injured for a while, but is recovering now. Hopefully he can play some matches. Will be difficult to play instead of Clayton, but instead of Brown must be possible.
chrissie
Basisspeler

Berichtdoor 8board » 16-04-2012 12:14

Väyrynen off contract with Leeds.
8board
Bankzitter

Keer terug naar English