Bas Dost

> as Frisian isn't a global language yet

Moderators: Beheerders, Fanmasters

Bas Dost

Berichtdoor Colin/ west ham united » 26-05-2012 09:55

Hello to Heeerenveen fans, my name is Colin i am a life long west ham united fan.. I would like to ask you what you make of this report posted on our fans forum..
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -Dost.html
you can vivsit our forum if u choose at this link, http://www.westhamfans.org/
I know nothing about das bost at all and can find no links on you tube or google that show actuall video footage of his play or goals etc.
Thank you for allowing me to post on here, i hope you have a good season next time round... colin. WHUFC..
Colin/ west ham united
Bankzitter

Re: Das Bost

Berichtdoor Eric » 26-05-2012 11:47

Lol, his name is Bas Dost, not Das Bost :D

He is the classical targetman. Good with his head, finishing and good with chosing position in front of the goal. As most target man he lacks a bit of pace and technique. If West Ham have good wingers it will be a good buy I think, but as I think that West Ham is gonna play relegation football next year I'm not sure if Dost will be the best choice for that.
Eric
Superster

Berichtdoor Barrie » 26-05-2012 15:12

Firstly, welcome on our forum!

Like said, Dost can be seen as a classic targetman that mostly depends on good crosses. I wouldn't say he lacks pace, but he's definately not fast enough to be the next Henry/Klose/Shevchenko. His dribbling skills aren't superb either, but he's tall and strong (maybe not for Premier League standards, haha) and I believe he can contribute to bring success to West Ham. It might take a while before he's completely used to the physical English playing style, but if there are some decent wingers he'll be good for around 15-20 goals per season.
Liever een verre vriend dan een Cam buur.
Barrie
Selectiespeler

Berichtdoor Colin/ west ham united » 26-05-2012 20:12

well we actually have a bit of class with wingers on both side, included left and right full backs too.. we hoever will not be playing a relegation battle belive me lol... we have money to spend and a good wise manager to spend it... .. we will finish maybe mid table this year then improve as go on, west ham have a 5 year plan to rid them selves off debt and start to fight again for european places, i watched also a couple of heerenveen videos and besides the poor games against ajax you seem to have some talent in your midfield especially right mid, and a capable goal scorer or 2 , so why did it not go so good for you , is it youre defense?.. and maybe a better class of keeper too, im afraid he looked a little week at times.. (no offence).. The other point is have you heard your selves if bas dost is actually for sale or if ts just another publicity thing from our news reporters!? . Thanks for youre replies . 8)
Colin/ west ham united
Bankzitter

Re: Bas Dost

Berichtdoor Eric » 26-05-2012 21:27

Thanks, you analyse Heerenveen good. Great offence but weak defence. We mostly play all out attack so we concede a lot.
Bas Dost is for sale for sure, rumours go he already signed for Wolfsburg but last week he said he did not decided yet. So if West Ham really want him they have to be quick. But I doubt he will go your way, as Dost stated he wants to go to Germany because he favours that competition. Maybe a good salary will change his mind ;)

And that right winger is Narsingh. He joined the Dutch squad for the Euros this month. Maybe he will be used as a substitute in the tournament, so watch him! He is for sale as wel, so better buy them both! :mrgreen:
Eric
Superster

Berichtdoor Colin/ west ham united » 27-05-2012 11:42

Thanks Eric for your reply, so i guess he will go to Germany by the look of it? since the first report of this things have died down and gone very quiet, so i think maybe it will not happen.. i will watch the dutch national games , (as i always do anyway) most English fans have a respect for the dutch team because they play very good football, technical football!.. so i will watch for Narsingh and hope he comes on to play.. Is Bas dost not in the national team? .. any way Eric thank you and others for there response and help , good luck to Heerenveen and Holland .. i think i will pop back here very now and again just to see how youre club and your selves are doing.. maybe i adopt Heerenveen as a second interest to west ham.. :) take care. Colin.WHTID...
Colin/ west ham united
Bankzitter

Berichtdoor davp » 01-06-2012 12:11

According to our official website he has signed for Wolfsburg.
davp
Superster

Keer terug naar English